DITP Newsletter 31st Jul - 4th Aug 2017 : English Translation
Amazing Thailand Festival in Bad Homburg
Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, Frankfurt Office together with the Royal Thai Consulate -General, Frankfurt am Main and the other Thai Governmental offices in Frankfurt am Main organized the traditional Amazing Thailand Festival in Bad Homburg during 29th - 30th July 2017. The event is the biggest traditional Thai event in Europe and it has been continuously organizing for several years. There were more than 30,000 guests attended each day during this year’s event. An obedience wreath was presented in front of the royal portrait of Phra Bat Somdet Phra Poraminthra Maha Chulalongkorn Phra Chunla Chom Klao Chao Yu Hua (King Rama V) at the Thai Sala in the event of 110 anniversaries for his visit to Bad Homburg. Also, a celebration ceremony and exhibition of the King’s birthday and a mourning exhibition for Phra Bat Somdet Phra Poraminthra Maha Bhumibol Adulyadej (King Rama IX).
Apart from that, there were several shows from Thailand Team, the entertainment shows on the central stage, product exhibitions and sales.
During this year’s event, DITP, Frankfurt Office arranged below activities;
- Together with the Royal Thai Consulate-General promotes Halal Products.
- Kitchen of the world Exhibition to promote Thai Fruits & Vegetables and to promote Thai Select, as well as Thai herbs by giving out samples of halal food and herb drinks.
- Support and introduce new Thai Products importer which are Thai Coffee from Doi Change, Decoroso Coffee and ready to cook set, Konkrua. Also to promote the well-known Thai brands such as instant noodle, Mama, with the new flavour “Green Curry” and Malee, fruit juice who promotes the new drink from Riceberry and Mango.
Amazing Thailand Festival in Bad Homburg during 29th - 30th July 2017 was very interested by many guests and the business owners. There were several people coming into the booth of DITP, Frankfurt to ask for more information about Thai herbs and Riceberry products which are the core products that DITP, Frankfurt continuing to promote. Apart from that, the sales booths of ready to eat foods, fruits, and vegetables, clothes, home decorations, silver wares were all sold out. Spa and Massage shops were all fully booked despite the fact that the products and services were higher than normal i.e. rambutan and longan prices were 15 euro/kg, young coconut was 5 euro/ea, ready to eat Durian (2 pieces) was 20 euro/box. The 3 biggest fruits importers said that they imported approximately 500 - 1000 kg fruits for each stall. 0.5 - 1 million Euro was estimated to be spent during those 2 days.
- The Amazing Thailand Festival in Bad Homburg is a great event to promote Thailand, Thai cultures, economy and investment to Germany as this event is the traditional event which took place for several years. As this was the biggest event in Europe so many Thai and German societies including other nearby countries were part of it, such as the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Scandinavian countries, Italy, France. This event was said to have the most visitors compared to other Thai events organized somewhere else.
- Every year, Thai business owners, big and small, bring their own products to sell in the event. This includes Thai exporters who bringing their own products to sell in this event especially such as dried food, chili paste, cooking sauces, processed foods, herbs, fruits, silverwares. Most of them will travel around 2 months as a road show to sell their products in Europe such as from the Netherlands to Switzerland and then to Scandinavia or the Czech Republic, Vienna, then to Germany and back to Switzerland. After interviewing with these exporters, they said that to attend this event is the good opportunity to test the market and to study the customers’ requirement. They did not expect to be profitable from the events but in turn, it makes more profit for the trip than they expected and some received more opportunity to expand their businesses and orders from German importers.
- The Amazing Thailand Festival in Bad Homburg is another channel for the business owners to test their products and expand their business in other countries.